Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Frustration



Maggie at The Open Window says, "This adoption gig? It's not for the faint of heart."

She is sooo effing right!

With this adoption of ours working on two years now... it seems that everytime we overcome a hurdle and are runnin' free we hit another wall around the corner. This is killing me!

DH says, "Have we been looking for any signs that we SHOULD go through with this adoption? I mean, has there been anything but STOP signs put in front of us?"

I now need a new letter from my oncologist stating that all is taken care of with the cancer. AGAIN. Otherwise we will have to wait 5 years. Am I still going to want to adopt in 5 years?

Do you know what it is like getting a SECOND letter from the head of Gynecological Oncology from Stanford? I had an appointment there anyway for all to be settled next Friday. I put in a call to his secretary.

Cross your fingers people, I'm NOT going to want to go through this again in 5 years.

5 comments:

Polar Bear said...

My fingers AND toes are crossed you get your letter quickly.

wzgirl said...

I'm hoping that the Stanford Gods & Godesses are working in your favor on this one - damnit. Xo

Red Sand said...

Every strand of hair on my head is crossed on your behalf.

Maggie said...

I understand what your husband means. There comes a point where you question if you're doing the right thing. This quote sets me on track again when I feel weak:

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise." — Robert Fritz

I hope you get your letter from your oncologist quickly. It's time for some green lights!

Anne Marie said...

I'm with Mrs. Vandertramp.

Everything crossed over here!!