Monday, July 16, 2007

"Child Availables"




Well......

After a couple hours I find I am able to look at things a bit more objectively. We have been waiting for this day for a long, long time.

*************(We interrupt this post to bring you a call by my SW........)

There are two children under 3 yrs old that need to be placed by Thursday. Would we be interested in submitting our homestudy? Um........ We just signed our homestudy and went through the "child available" binder this morning.

I'll tell you. I like being called about children much better than leafing through a very thick binder looking at the smiling faces of children yearning for a home, some of them teenagers that have been waiting for a VERY long time. There was a sibling group of SEVEN on one page.

So anyway, in the time that DH and I discussed the possibility of our family incorporating these two children into our lives, putting down a pro and con list (sounds cold I know it, but I also know that adding to our family is serious business. You couldn't have been able to cut through the fog of sympathy and yearning and the urge to HELP with that suggestion while I was looking at that binder just hours before though.), another family stepped in, if they decide not to take the babies our SW will submit our homestudy. DH and I looked into each others eyes, squeezed hands and said "If it happens it happens." And he went to get some supplies for his next day of work.

Today was seriously eye opening. This is NOTHING like International Adoption. It is ten times scarier. I can't help but hope... is this why we have been put through the wringer and had delay after delay and the DAY we sign our paperwork we get this call? Like I said this thing is just too scary. I don't WANT to hope. Either way we'll know by Wednesday.

3 comments:

Denise :o) said...

Wow!!! It's amazing how quickly it all starts once you get your homestudy together. That is pretty scary AND exciting all at the same time!!!!! Keep us posted.

walternatives said...

I've been wondering about y'all and where you were. What a day you had today! Please keep us posted about Wednesday.

Maggie said...

It's a whole different world than IA, isn't it?