Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Waiting Working Watching

So, I've just decided that C and I are on our own regarding the visits. I've been leaving messages re: where the girls are and what we are doing but I hear nothing.

I am trying to be able to get the girls to stay the night with us this weekend as last weekend went so well. Caught us a bit off guard that the girls were calling us Mommy and Daddy. I kept calling DH his name and he was calling me by my name but..... was that something that the foster family told the girls to do?

From what I have been told is the .26 is what is also called TPR. The deprivation/termination of parental rights. Is that correct you experienced ones?

The hearing is supposed to happen at some point this month but you never know as the parent/s may contest (I don't blame them whatsoever) and it may drag out for several more months. This is all what has been told to me in passing.

I have been working my rear end off at the school regarding the Auction. Have been hanging out a lot downstairs as the construction workers do not have the same work ethic as I do and I must be mean beotch woman.

While I do dishes and laundry at night I have been watching TV on the web. My latest favorite was Journeyman from NBC. I really liked it. The show reminded me a lot of Quantum Leap, does anyone remember?

In Journeyman there was a female "Al" and there was a bit of a romantic tie between them. Also as with Quantum Leap, the main character travels through the years of his lifetime. 1972 on. He also was doing this "leaping or traveling" to" put right what once went wrong". Love that. Fixing mistakes. Saving lives. I know, I'm an idiot.

I especially loved hearing the music of my youth. Oasis, 10,000 Maniacs, Depeche Mode, Hootie, Spin Doctors, blah blah...... I also like to see the fashions and hairstyles from the 70s to the 2000s.

Then when I had watched all the episodes, I found out that the show has been cancelled. Bummer. I would have been a loyal fan.

I feel lucky that I missed the whole reality show years but I'm sad that the shows that are trying to bring back a sense of adventure etc are so short lived. Except my beloved LOST. They haven't killed that show yet thank goodness, couldn't scrub my dishes without Jack, Kate and Sawyer.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Hmm... I've never heard a TPR called a .26, but each state to it's own.

Slugger called me Mom almost right away, too. It wasn't genuine at first, but so what? You wouldn't buy a pair of jeans without trying them on first, would you?

walternatives said...

Thanks for clarifying the TPR .26 for me!