Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Dream Job: Mom


This blog was started when my life was totally different. I had kids in public school. We were going to adopt a baby girl from China and the wait until referral was 6 months. I had a very successful career in Real Estate and worked more hours than I did ANYTHING else. In fact sometimes my kids called me the daycare providers name. I know now, that I was horribly stressed out, unhealthy and completely self involved in my own advancement within my "circle". I was also trying desperately to please my parents. I needed an outlet.... when I had time for it.
Since the summer of '06, when my left arm was going numb and tingling and the neurologist told me I might have MS to when I was told by my OBGYN that there was something "not quite right" with the results of my tests... my entire life has been turned the upside down.
That day, when my doctor called, has turned out to be the BEST day of my life. I LOVE my life. I really do. I don't have tons of money, I don't care. We are clothed, fed, healthy and have a roof over our heads. That roof has finally become the HAVEN I have always dreamed that it might be . A HOME. My kids run up and down the hall giggling with happiness and mischief. My life is like the bulbs that have come through the frost and snow and pushed up through the earth to bloom in radiant colors.
I have peace. My life is SERENE. NEVER have I been able to say that. Now, I wonder, if that will be enough for my SW. Our homestudy will have to be amended. I will have to ask my doctor for that letter again, and our income is not as outstanding as it once was. We are not paupers, we are like most of America, we are middle-class. Will that be enough to let our family include one or two more children who will be loved and cherished by each and every one of us? I don't know. What I do know is, whatever the outcome, I will be able to make it to the other side. My family will be complete.

10 comments:

Polar Bear said...

This is a wonderful post. Isn't it amazing how much good can come when we least expect it. I am so happy you have found your peace.

Best of luck with your homestudy.

Anne Marie said...

Serenity -- you really can't ask for more than that. You are inspiring.

I'm certain that your SW will determine that you have more than enough for a new child. But how great is it that you know you'll be OK either way?

walternatives said...

Sincerely, and with a full heart, I am so very happy for you. And I'm honored to be a witness to your evolution, your serenity. I'm also proud to know you.

Maggie said...

I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way, but it sounds to me that you're in a better position to adopt now than you were then.

I'm single (single-income) and decidedly middle class. I'm not loaded, but I have more than enough to comfortably provide for one or two children. My income has never been an issue with adoption at all.

C's Mom said...

Sounds like you have the wealth right where it needs to be...in serenity and completeness. Having the greenbacks does not a better parent make...and, for many of us, it can make for a more distracted parent.

I suspect your HS amendment will reflect as much....all will be well.

"M2" said...

Very nice post. Life is wonderful when it is peaceful

p.s. did you know that lady is naked??

Denise :o) said...

What a great post!!! I'm so very happy for you and might I add a little jealous! ;o)

You're are such an amazing person... amazing family! I think your new situation will help with your adoption, not hurt it.

dreamer said...

I lvoe this post. Wishing you the very best during your homestudy update, no matter what, your outlook is priceless.

atlasien said...

This post was inspiring.

t~ said...

That was a beautiful post!