Monday, March 03, 2008

Home Upside Down

Thank You for the concern my friends. I still have a cough, especially in the cold air but am MUCH better thank you.

The girls have been here for a week and are soaking up so much love and attention that we have little time for anything else. The pile of unfolded laundry on the couch is getting higher and higher.

Tomorrow I have to drive 3 hours to see the girls' SW and get their Medi Cal cards because the Foster Mom didn't give them to me. She just forgot I guess. She also only gave me enough clothes for two days and nights. I dug around the storage containers in the garage and found some of my oldest daughter's (feels kind of funny to say that- "oldest" daughter) clothes. She has been a big help to me.

The little one has regressed a bit and I think I am going to have to buy pull ups.

My SW is coming over on Wednesday.

My DH is having a great time with all the kids but is still stressed out as the plumber that was supposed to come and do a few last things has not shown up. So.... the house is a wreck, we are exhausted and crowded but happy.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Is this a "trial period"? Are you their new foster parents? I may have missed a beat. How many children do you have at home, and how old are they?

Glad you're back!

Kathryn said...

Glad to hear your feeling better!!!

Carolyn said...

Glad you're better. We've been sick over here, too. Sounds like things are going great with the girls. Are they staying indefinitely?