Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bad Karma

We found out that the builder of our addition did not caulk the widows when it rained the other night. Hubby was NOT happy. When calling his "buddy" re: this, he said, "Well, you left me alone!"

This is a man with a contractor's license. You would think that he would know better. Since we were paying him you would think he wouldn't need DH there babysitting him the whole time. As it was, we lost a WHOLE lot of money while DH WAS babysitting him. He did a " half-assed" job as my father would say.

Makes me so upset! This guy is so self important he was telling the neighbors that DH was going to go work for him as it was hard to "find good help" around here. Ummmmm, k.

I have just survived two weeks of my Mom decorating the addition and repainting the girls' room as I did not do it right. Today she stopped by to tell me that a bath towel isn't dirty when you only dry off with it once. That I should make sure that all children know this. That I should know this. It would cut down on electricity, water and time you know. AHhhhh! YES, I KNOW!

Got our first check from the adoption agency for the girls. I signed it, DH signed it and I put it in our account. The money was there for two days. I went grocery shopping, I bought paint for my mother's project, I bought socks, shoes and underwear. I got gas.

The bank rejected the check. My last name is hyphenated. My name on the check had only my maiden name. All those shopping trips- all the checks I wrote bounced. Including my house payment after all the overdraft and service fees were taken out, over seven hundred dollars worth. They took over a week getting the check back to me. The day I called customer service they insisted they mail it back to the "rightful depositer" the next day which, according to them, was my husband. Why? because he has a penis?

Anyway, they didn't put enough postage on the envelope and it was sent back to them, then they used the same envelope and put more postage on it. So, I deposited the check on the 4th, they took the money back out on the 7th. Mailed it back on the 9th with not enough postage, they tried again on the 11th, I got the check on the 14th. On that day I had to take my marriage certificate and MY HUSBAND to the bank, so that he could "approve" of my depositing the check. What is this 1608?

I must have been some extremely shitty person in my previous life.

No, they will NOT reverse any of the fees because it was NOT a bank error. And I need to speak more respectfully to them thank you very much

5 comments:

walternatives said...

I am so sorry all this happened. What a nightmare. But I don't think it has anything to do with your karma, hon'. It was a just a freak shitpile. I'm sorry.

Maggie said...

What a mess. Regarding the check, I'd ask the state. If they didn't have your name on the check properly, they might cover the costs you incurred. It can't hurt to ask. I was able to get money to cover the hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of prescriptions I had to pay for out of pocket when Slugger first came here. (His doctor had written enough scripts that he would be covered for a while. But neither his foster mom or SW got them filled. So he had about a week's worth of meds when he got here and it took nearly two months to get his insurance going in my state.) Anyway, long story to say that sometimes the state will reimburse you when you incur costs because of a state error.

Yondalla said...

I agree with Maggie. Get a statement of all the over-draft charges and ask how you submit it for reimbursement.

Denise :o) said...

WOW!! What a mess. You don't by chance bank at B of A do you???? ;o)

Sounds like your addition is coming right along... even with wet windows. Ugh... be sure to email the name of this guy to me so I don't ever use him. ;o)

Hope things are going better for you and the girls.

Annie said...

Wow. Things like this do cause high blood pressure. Unbelievable. Life is much better with a credit union - a little one, where they know you. We have been "saved" many a time by this!