Friday, April 18, 2008

Clarity





In the season finale of Eli Stone, the main character is representing a man who has decided to forgo another chemo treatment and die "with dignity". David Green talks of having a better life because of his cancer. Of receiving peace and clarity.


The scene really spoke to me because that is how I feel about my own life and the decisions I have made because of the diagnosis of cancer a few years ago.


Like David and Eli, I drove my nice vehicle to my nice home where my family slept and because of the amount of time I spent at work to acquire "stuff" and status I was "sleeping" through life, MISSING my life. The scene puts into words exactly how it felt for me to have my eyes opened. I completely changed my life for a more modest but so much more full life. Great Job writers of Eli Stone.

1 comment:

walternatives said...

It's so nice to read that you feel that you are now vibrantly, gratefully AWAKE and present, sweetie. Cheers to your clarity.